Business Analyst (Data BA)
Exciting opportunity to work as a BA on a number of exciting digital and data-orientated projects
Ethical and Progressive not for profit organisation
- Create and facilitate efficient and value for money business and data solutions to meet business requirements.
- Elicit the underlying business issues that need to be addressed and discover any information related to the project using a variety of analytical techniques.
- Lead workshops to engage multiple stakeholders within a project and extract all business requirements.
- Prioritise, specify and model the requirements to ensure they are complete and unambiguous to form the foundation of the specification from which the solution is developed.
- Specify requirements to ensure that the documentation of the requirements is in a layout and format that can be easily shared with and understood by all stakeholders.
- Working with the development team take business requirements and translate to form the functional specification from which the new software will be developed and adept at transforming business requirements into technical requirements.
- Validate and verify requirements mapping them to the business need being addressed.
- Produce the test strategy and write test scripts for the business to perform. Lead user acceptance testing to ensure business systems are robust and met the business needs.
- Ensure that all documents comply with the project framework and that all documentation is up to date and stored safely and is accessible for future reference.
- Proven experience of applying analytical skills to complex technical and business processes and recommend solutions – focusing on successful delivery of outcomes.
- Experience in delivering data driven projects using a structured methodology, and actively involved in projects through the full life cycle from requirements gathering to implementation and training.
- An appreciation of the impact of data on successful technical deployments.
- An awareness of Datamodelling and governance strategies.
- Ability to adapt to a continually changing environment with a significant program of business change – removes obstacles to change and resolves problems.
- BCS Business Analysis Qualification or equivalent experience
£30,000 – £35,000 + 7% Pension + remote working + 34 holidays + more