Database (DAM) Engineer – Database Activity Monitoring, Cyber Security, DBA, T-SQL, Python, App Support, McAfee
We are seeking a contract Cyber Security Database (DAM) Engineer to support and maintain database monitoring within their client’s wider SOC team. The role is with a renowned financial services organisation in an industry-leading security operations centre.
You will work on a programme that delivers cyber regulatory compliance across all of the bank’s most critical database platforms.
This role will include but is not limited to:
- Administering security toolsets using McAfee Database Activity Monitoring
- Gathering relevant information from various toolsets eg Splunk, Service Now, CyberArk and liaising with stakeholders to resolve security incidents
- Acting as the 3rd line of support for incidents escalated from daily SOC monitoring
- Managing monitoring policies to ensure they are effective and meet business requirements
- Advising projects on logging policy and taking them through the on-boarding process
- Performing complex tuning and revalidation tasks for existing threat monitoring rules to adjust to emerging threats
- Enhancing and developing the database monitoring tools to ensure regulatory compliance
- Database security knowledge, ideally with McAfee Database Activity Monitoring
- Programming languages T-SQL, Python and/or SPL
- Knowledge in a combination of the following: SIEM (Splunk), use case development, IT build and configuration, SDLC and/or ITIL
- SOC experience
- Experience in configuring any IT toolset
- Ability to communicate technical processes and roadmaps to a non-technical audience
- Experience as a DBA or Application Support Analyst (highly desirable)
Please note due to the change to off payroll working/IR35 legislation which is due to be implemented in April 2021, the successful applicant would be expected to engage via an FCSA accredited umbrella company for the duration of this contract.