A Lead PMO Manager is required on a permanent basis working in Worthing. With a background in Senior Project Management and then having moved in to PMO positions.
Working for a leading utilities company you will be part of the Programme Management Office acting as the central ‘hub’ for the projects and programmes within the Programme Delivery portfolio. The lead PMO Manager manages and leads a team of Senior PMO Analysts and PMO Analysts in the delivery of the portfolio level services.
Within the role you will be working across the following areas:
- Demand management
- Delivery life cycle governance
- Resource management
- Financial management
- Reporting and analytics
- Assurance/quality control
- Toolkit, standards, processes and templates
Responsibilities of the role:
- Management of permanent and contract Senior PMO Analysts and PMO Analysts in the successful delivery of PMO services.
- Ensure the team capture and manage demand through the delivery life cycle processes, from idea through to closure, in collaboration with Business Owners and Business stakeholders, PMs, IT stakeholders; tracking and prioritising initiatives.
- Drive adoption of the Delivery life cycle, standards and processes ensuring projects and programmes are compliant.
- Resource demand management: tracking and reporting demand and assignment for the portfolio, identifying options where shortfalls or conflicts arise.
- Financial management: tracking, reporting, analytics, purchase order and invoice process, financial systems updates
- Co-ordinate project, programme and portfolio level reporting, including analytics to identify issues, trends, gaps and improvements required.
- Co-ordinate, track and report risks, issues, changes and dependencies at a programme and portfolio level.
- Maintenance of the delivery life cycle, processes, standards and templates. Maintenance of tools used in PMO. Operate a culture of continuous improvements.
- Assurance and quality control of the portfolio, including regular project, programme
- Ensuring post project reviews, capturing lessons learnt and driving continuous improvements across the delivery communities.
- Manage the PMO team to facilitate lessons learnt exercises, recommending and supporting change, developing a culture of continuous improvements and learning. Develop team members and the overall team capabilities.
Knowledge and experience required:
- Project Management experience.
- PMP, Prince 2 or equivalent certification.
- Significant demonstrable experience of shaping, scoping and delivering PMO services.
- Experience of managing a PMO team with a portfolio of Business and IT Projects and Programmes.
- People management experience including performance reviews, career development, coaching and mentoring.
- Experience of the full delivery life cycle and project management tools and techniques.
- Experience of managing resource demand and assignment, identifying opportunities and risks.
- Experience of financial management including tracking and reporting, purchase orders, invoicing and finance system updates.
- Experience of project, programme and portfolio reviews, reporting and analytics.
- Knowledge of PMO and PM tools. Experience working with Plainview is highly beneficial.
- Experience working on continuous and process improvement.
The is an ideal role for someone looking to take the next step in their careerWest Sussex